Devout User Experience Professional | Keen Eye for Detail | Decade+ of Mobile Solution Expertise | 18+ years in IT Industry | Love Movies | End User Advocacy | Seasoned Team Building + Management | Global Outlook and Experience | National Sports Shooting Judge, Coach and Competitor | Serious Coding Background | Handling multiple teams | Business - Client - Profitability Outlook | Founder and Secretary General, M.D.R.A. | Track record of Building Volumes and growing Profitability | Technical, Interpersonal & Professional talent | IoT Evangelist since 2013 | UX & Architect for IoT Solution to Australia, touching 60,000+ Senior Citizen HealthCare Services | Karnataka's Only ISSF Judge | Love Travelling | Deft in Requirement Gathering, Analysis, Planning and Execution | Previous Positions include Head of Products & Technology, Director for UX Engineering, UX Architect, Senior Manager for Human Factors Engineering. | Author, '10X', India's Comprehensive Guide to Sports Shooting.
Bring in a WOW Factor thru elemental User Experience
Head UX Practice with Vision, Direction and Planning
Build Mindsets that can realize THE answer
Co-ordination with Design and Non-Design teams
Multi-Directional Approach, Lateral Thinking and Problem Solving
VP, Products & Solutions • May 2015 - Present
• Defining User Experience, Usability Standards and Processes for Mobile, IoT & AR
• Mentoring teams on UX Based approach for multiple client solutions
• Working with various departments to build a consolidated plan and process
• Core areas - Ideation, UX Practice, Process Planning, Client Liaison
Head, Products & Technology • June 2013 - May 2015
• UX Consultation for customers from Australian, Middle East, UK and US Markets
• Brainstorm on Turnkey solutions and projects in Mobile, Enterprise and IoT platforms
• Architect - Mobile & Web solutions to clients like Wipro, Accenture, Future Group, etc
• Core areas - UX Practice, Team Building, Team Management
Director, UX Engineering • Oct 2011 - Jun 2013
• UX, Architecture, Design and Sales Strategy for Augmented Reality experiences
• Advocated Best Practice in domains like Ideation, Usability, HRM
• Handled more than 150 client cases with custom offerings
• SOWs, Timelines, Task Lists, Review Sheets and Wire frames for Web, WAP & Products
• Submitted 14 patents on UX Based offerings
UX Architect • Sept 2009 - Oct 2011
• UX Architect for re-development of Target.com, migrating away from Amazon
• Delivered excellence in User Interface Design for iPhone & Android platforms
• Usability Lab - Budgeting, Biz justification, Planning and Proposal
• Concept creation for retail domains like Surface Computing, Store mapping, etc.
• Monitored the entire Process planning cycle for inter and intra team deliverables
• Initiated company-wide UXD training; Winner of Target-wide Ideation challenge 2011
Senior HFE Staff Manager • July 2005 - Jul 2008
• Deliver qualitative UI Specifications for Kyocera phones
• Lead and monitored performance of Senior and Junior Human Factor Engineers team
• Managed Multi Culture and Multi Location teams
• Driving HR hiring activities for US and India HFE teams
• All India Market Survey to study phone enhancements and local perception
• Drove Idea Box, a company-wide initiative deriving a 100 plus innovations
• Contributed 13 patent disclosures for mobile usage and UX features
Senior Creative Analyst • Aug 2003 - Jul 2005
• Interaction and design for Peer-to-peer solutions in company management solutions
• Develop Information Architecture, Navigation, UID, Style Guides and Charter
• Monitor adherence of code development with Design Aspects
• Designer, developer & Web Master for www.in4velocity.com & client Web Applications
Design Lead, Consultant, Web Designer • Apr 1997 - Aug 2003
• Leading UI & Design deliverables, including front end coding for product Corazio
• Design & development of Reliance Infocom MMS and SMS portals
• Mobile App Design for Xerox, Disney, Motorola, Reliance, QUALCOMM, ESPN etc.
• Designer for Bangalore’s first online portal, launched by Sabeer Bhatia
• Visual & Graphic contributor for customer banners, ads and designs
• Developed 19 eLearning modules for CBR, South Asia
• Langoor Digital – www.langoor.com
• Alternet – www.alternet.io
• Ichiqoo Travel Planner Portal – www.ichiqoo.com
• NewsCorp Re-Branding – www.newscorp.com
• EAA - http://www.epilepsy.org.au
• C T Ravi’s personal website - http://ctravi.in
• Graduate Jobs and Internships in Australia - https://unigrad.com.au
• Asian Inspirations - https://asianinspirations.com.au
• Clear Trip Travel Portal – www.cleartrip.com
• Travel Guru Mobile Site – www.travelguru.com
• Way2Mint SMS Portal – www.way2mint.com
• Mysore District Rifle Association – mdra.in
• Target 10X – target10x.com
• Sports Precision – sportprecision.com
• iOS App for 360 Athlete
• In-House Client Centric App for Wipro – Wipro Wire
• Customer Enterprise App for Wipro’s ICC World Cup Cricket
• Wipro US Open App
• Urbanato Lake Conservation App
• Handley iOS App for On-Site Business Metrics
• Wipro’s Event and Meeting Scheduler for Fortune 500 Clients – HereIsHow
• Official Pepsi Apps for Pepsi Music and Yalla
• AR apps for Mobile and Internet, OOH and other offerings – IntARact and IntARacTV
• Target mobile Application for the iPhone and Android platform
• mSales and mForce applications for Xerox corporation, salesforce.com
Pursuing @ I.C.F.A.I.
Royal School of Fashion, 1994
SPAN Corporation, 1993
Bangalore University, 1992
Although Skill is not a direct comparison to platforms experienced over the years, my many years of working with varied technologies, specializing on the UX Front, and merging bountiful usability to varied clientele and logic, have effectively brought in quite a bit of confidence in certain domains, as listed under.
Objective: App for Top Wipro Clients
Achieved: Classy and Presentable Information & Scheduling App
Objective: App for Lake Conservation
Achieved: Welcoming App with features like Events, Volunteer Services, Lake Details, etc.
Objective: An App for Pepsi, showcasing new features, Social Connect and Games
Achieved: App with sticky features like user circles, showcase & leaderboard. Number of downloads exceeding expectations.
Objective: Light and Friendly AR App
Achieved: Fully Featured, Zero Learning Curve, Low bandwidth Mobile App, with novel Augmented Reality features.
Objective: Stand Apart. Max use of Technology
Achieved: One of the VERY FIRST Script-based animated Web Design. One time load. Multiple Themes to choose form.
Objective: Empower Sales team to rapidly demo mPortal Product Suite
Achieved: Sales Product as an online tool for the Sales team to showcase different products across different handsets.
Possible the first and much used IoT Solution for Senior Citizens of Australia, catered thru KinCare, and InTouch Living.IoT, Product Architecture, UX
Objective: Product UI for Enterprise Solution
Achieved: Best-in-Class and highly usable design. Appreciated by Microsoft. Included Themes, Gadgets and pleasing yet friendly UI.
Anand was a pleasure to work with, he was full of ideas and had a very clear thought process. He is a Good Manager and motivated his team well.Satheesh P R, Ex-Principal @ TeliBrahma
Anand stood out as a great individual contributor when we worked together. He brought a lot of passion and energy to his projects, thought through a lot of minute details and did what it took to get things done. He also took pride in being a dependable and reliable partner in cross-functional interactions. His straightforward approach to problems and interactions was helpful. Would recommend him for any role that requires enthusiasm, creativity, perseverance and taking care of minute details, and especially for projects off the beaten track.Vihari Komaragiri, Co-founder, Product Smith at DoNew
Anand was a key member of the Kyocera Wireless UI design team, playing a pivotal role in defining the user friendly user interface. A creative personality, he applies logic and thinks from a totally different perspective and with his attention to details. He did some interesting market surveys for us on some of the products. I have had the opportunity to work very closely with him on some of the projects at Kyocera Wireless. He is extremely responsive. He is very engergetic and passionate. Fill it, shut it, forget it kind. Anand maintains excellent working relationship with the folks that he works with. Anand is a multi faceted person with his activities ranging from shooting, photography, sports, trekking, biking, hiking, etc.Srinivas Narayan, Principal Engineer at Qualcomm
I have known Anand during his tenure at mPortal and was impressed with his talent and confidence in taking on new challenges with novelty. He worked diligently to ensure delivery of timely solutions and was instrumental in defining user interface interactions for mPortal solutions, as the Design Lead for Mobile applications.D.P. Venkatesh, VP BroadSoft Design
Anand worked with me as a Senior Human Factors Engineer, the entire time I was with the company. Anand proved to be an extremely diligent and capable professional. Among his best qualities are his ability to learn and synthesize technical details into specifications. As well, he's very thorough in any analysis he makes, being sure to view the problem from multiple perspectives. He's an extremely good critical thinker. Furthermore, Anand was always the first to volunteer for extra work and never had to be asked to put in the extra hours when necessary. I would welcome the opportunity to work with Anand again in the future.Chris Geirman, Founder of FrogQuest.com
I worked with Anand at Kyocera Wireless, he works with great attention to detail, high quality and a long term vision. He has a pleasant and easy going personality. I would be very happy to work with him again.Haroon Muhammad, Senior Product Manager at Trimble Navigation
Anand C K is a manager who never lose the objective. He is result oriented & always deliver on time. No matter how silly the question is, he will explain you the things in detail and make you understand the concept. Working with him is fun & learning all the time. Personally also you feel attached to him. He has a great knowlege of his domain area & always feel hugnry for new information. Need not to mention that he will be a great asset to his company.Vishal Goyal, Head, Smart Phone at MTS India
I have worked with Anand on multiple projects/products for many years now. I must say he is a very creative and very detail oriented designer. He always brings to the table new ideas, that are simple and yet so powerful! A very logical thinker, very capable and a highly knowledgeable person.Raju Desai, Program Manager at Ooyala
One Life.... and a lot to do!
Do drop in a note, call or mail, if there is any convergence in us working together.